Sunday 27 October 2013

Take one old sewing machine from the dump .........................

Awww doesn't it look all sad and so on (and dirty too!)




But holy smokes look at that beautiful sewing machine in there!!! How could anyone dump this :(


And the drawers were kind of - well actually the were - falling apart


And the less said about the veneer on the front the better!

Now I'm not by any means a carpenter. If Bob the Builder were to come a knocking and say "can you fix it?" I'd probably say "Um no, but I can paint it if that would help????"

So originally it was patched together, gaps in the veneer filled and the whole base painted in cream. But the bubbling in the veneer stood out like a sore thumb. So now it cam to doing a nifty paint technique called "oh cr@p I now have to make this front but look like wood"



I think it turned out OK!!!!



The front sign was painted to match the patina of the original handles that were still on the drawers!


I also attempted to stage this one for the photo using seasonal pumpkins and so on!!!!


While wire brushing the base ready for spraying I noticed the lettering was originally picked out in gold. So as luck would have it - I have gold to hand - so back to original went the base!


Who doesn't like a rear end shot!


And thats it. It's only going to be used for display purposes (which is good due to my carpentry skills ;) ) but the lady who this is for absolutely loves it. I hope you do too :)


No comments:

Post a Comment