Tuesday 22 October 2013

I'm running out of nautical things to say :(

It was my birthday at the weekend! And after finishing an interior repaint of a lovely ladies house on Thursday, I was right back to the furniture finding / painting.

So Friday saw me out and about on the lookout for more bits and pieces. I found the two pieces used on the makeover below SCORE - and also a set (6 drawer long dresser  with mirror / 5 drawer tall dresser and a double headboard) about a 3 hr drive away for a steal of a deal. So I called the guy up and spent my Saturday birthday morning on a furniture run! Yay happy birthday hey!!!

The ship / sea themed dressers are going down a storm. I promised a customer a while back that if I did anymore, she would get first refusal on them. So when I picked up the mid century modern dresser and the little side table (from different places) I thought I'd do a set.


You know I'm really beginning to fall in love with this style of furniture, almost seems a shame to paint it.

Almost!









Yes yes I know the before isn't the same as the after, but I did it again with the whole "being too excited to take a before picture" but it really is what it looked like (with a few more scratches and felt pen on it!)






Luckily the lady that expressed an interest in the nautical stuff that I called and sent pictures to, loved it - so I didn't even have to advertise it for sale!!!! 

So now while I'm pondering on what to do with the 'set', the owner of the house I painted, asked me if I would redo an old sewing machine table that her son in law had found at the local dump??!!!!!!!

Sure, says I, I can paint anything! - it's not in great shape, and she's fully aware of that - however the person who dumped it - also dumped all of the bits that had fallen off! (backs of drawers / handles etc) with it. Makes me sad people would throw something like this away! So at least there's bits to put back together

Well when I say 'this' you can't see it yet - it's still in my truck! I'll start it tomorrow. It's going to be refinished purely for decorative purposes and I hope I can do it justice :)


No comments:

Post a Comment