Sunday 13 October 2013

It's another makeover blog!!!!!! Yes Jim, but not as we know it......

Hullo!!!!

Well I suppose it IS as we know it. I mean tbh a makeover blog is pretty self explanatory right ;)

Let me give some background here! I'm a 40 -ahem cough- something self employed paint contractor. Nooooooo unfortunately that doesn't entail swanning round in a posh SUV carrying clip files of colour and design schemes - it means I'm the one that gets called AFTER the posh SUV visit has happened, and I turn up looking all workman (woman) like, with ladders / power tools / paint brushes / rollers etc etc etc and make the vision of the aforementioned person a reality ;)

In my spare time I like to mosey around and find things I can paint, anything will do. Wood / cream cans / small children - I'm not fussy!

The furniture thing started quite by accident. My awesome youngest daughter - we'll call her Blob as that's her nickname lmao (she'll kill me for that!) and I were at the dump, dumping some garbage (unusually enough) and we found a dresser. Older 1960's - great solid condition. So I'm all like "quick help me haul this into the back of the truck. 

That night as we were having a mummy daughter stay up late and eat chips and watch junk on TV in the holidays night, Blob says "um, shall we paint that dresser?"

"It's 11pm babe???? Hells yeah lets do it"

And so it began :)

Now I love all the finishes and effects that people do. They are awesome clever and creative. I like to add a little something extra to mine. Luckily I suppose - as one of the strings on my bow as a painter, I paint murals. So I started doing little things like that on furniture.

And whaddya know. People seem to love it.

Maybe one day I can retire from hauling ladders and scaffold, working 10 hour days an then coming home to refinish furniture hahaha

At this point I would like to doff my cap to my amazing husband. He constantly comes home to all manner of alien things (no not like green men, or weird entrails or anything) in the kitchen in various states of undress (I'm talking furniture in case it wasn't clear) and has stated to build a shop which will eventually house a corner for me and my whims :)

So that's the background! I'll start adding some pics of the obvious before and afters. The stories behind getting the furniture - the mistakes that made the finished article what it is. (I'd totally love to say everything is intentional but you know what - sometimes it isn't. Sometimes it works, sometimes I want to kick a large rock)

So um - thanks for reading, hope you come back and see whats been occuring, ad what the next project is!!!!

By for now
Moo

No comments:

Post a Comment