Friday 18 October 2013

I must have a thing for stars and flags!

Remember a couple entries ago, I told you that my luvverly mum in law had donated a coffee / side table set?

Well in between painting the interior of a house this week, I managed to refinish them too! Don't panic too much, my hubby works away a lot, so I have't chosen furniture over him - moreso that it keeps me occupied of an evening!!!

Now unfortunately I didn't take any before pictures :( like the idiot I am - however when I was hunting around the interworldweb for inspiration on what the heck to do with glass topped / inserts coffee tables, I found a blog by a lady that had the exact same set and had posted her makeover.

So you can click here to see the pics of how my tables were before (and also it's great to see 2 sets of tables with 2 completely different makeovers!)

 And here's how mine turned out!!!













Close up on the table tops! This, believe it or not really is the glass inserts still in them! I sprayed them with Rustoleums Universal spray - which adheres to glass. Then primed with an oil primer with a brush to get the stroke marks in it! Top coated with an off white of Benjamin Moore advance, and then added the faux wood / star / grain effect using acrylic craft paint. Last step was to top coat with 2 coats of urethane!






 I also decided to add a little barbed wire detail to the front - you know - just cos!!!!!

I really really love them :)









No comments:

Post a Comment