Sunday 3 November 2013

Shabby Chic - urrrghhhhhhhhhhhh

Lol

Theres buzz words and phrases that really yank my chain. 'Stainless steel appliances and granite countertops' for some reason riles the hell out of me. As does 'Pop of colour'. And the latest is 'shabby chic'. I don't know why - they just do.

So when I decided refinish this awesome console table and matching side table (the latter of which is still wet on my kitchen floor as we speak - i'll edit this post and put pics of it up to), I totally went for the traditional off white, aged / distressed shabby chic  look that I actually really love (ooh oooh picking up a display hutch type thing that I have an AMOOZING idea to turn into a hallway storage coat hanging shoe area - but I don't pick it up til Wednesday so i'll leave it here for now!!!)

And guess who did the thing with the thing of not taking before pics (this is getting old yeah :( )

Anyway it looked a bit like this


Apart from not as well staged, and with maybe some of my washing baskets on top of it - and random tools etc while it sat around waiting for it's paint job.

It's weird, with some bits of furniture (I try not to call them 'pieces' thats another word that grinds on me lol) you know instantly as soon as you clap eyes on them - what you are going to do, so without further ado - here's what I did


I really really really wanted to keep this (and its matching table) but I just don't have the room. And the same will apply to the storage unit too.

Maybe I can get hubby to build me a big storage type staging housey type area, and I can refinish all these bits and bobs (see how the word pieces wasn't used ;) ) and just keep them forever and ever - like an old mad furniture collecting English woman.

Or maybe not!


No comments:

Post a Comment